"Honoring Fatherhood"

"...if I am your Father, where is my Honor?" Malachi 1:6

"For you have countless instructors...but don't have many Fathers..." I Cor. 4:15


The entire Month of June, we Honor and recognize the Gift of Fatherhood. We value the place of Fathers in our lives and we salute them.

As the proverbial "Daddy's Girl" I have so many memories of the first man that ever loved me and that I loved. He was the first man to hold me in his arms and say, "I love you and I will take care of you." I have a memory that goes all the way back to the Second Grade in Elementary School. It was Field Day and I was participating in a Race. The entire time, preparing and running, all I kept thinking was, "My Daddy is watching me. I have to win. I have to make him proud." Unfortunately, I came in 2nd. To say that I was devastated would be an understatement. I remembering receiving the 2nd Place ribbon and running to the safety of my Daddy's arms as I bawled! Daddy kept telling me that I did good and that he was proud of me, but I could not be consolded.

This was the underlying driving motive of my life. Even though he is no longer here in the physical realm, I still feeling compelled to make decisions based on the wisdom and insight of my Daddy. My sister and I often talk about the fact that even in romantic relationships, we tend to look for our Father's qualities in a man (smile.) The strength and immoveable Faith in His God. The determination to do whatever is necessary to provide for his family.The ability to "see" deeper and express what he sees beyond the average person. The spirit of perseverance and commitment that would not allow him to even think of not taking care of his ailing wife, even to the detriment of his own health. That is who my Daddy was/is.

Even in death, his wisdom continues to guide and sustain. The divine power of the Gift of Fatherhood transcends time. It crosses social; economic and ethnic lines, providing an understructure of support that holds us and propels us in the most tumultous of times. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying the Promise

Honoring Our Elders

August ~ Novel Emergence with Divine Purpose