I AM A Voice

I am the Mother of two African-American males and the Grandmother of five African-American males. That alone makes my Voice a necessity. Through the years, I have experienced great joy and excruciating pain because of Motherhood. It is a Gift that can brings joy and sadness. Giving birth is just the beginning.

Your assignment as a Mother, includes providing guidance, support, constant love, discipline and healing the boo boos. I have seen my children conquer fears and overcome obstacles. As a result I was filled with joy and happiness.

However, I have also seen them deeply wounded by the consequences of their choices. In return, I was wounded. My "Mother's heart" broken. I have laughed wholeheartedly with them at their successes and I have cried uncontrollably with them when they failed and were forced to learn a difficult lesson.

My Mother's Heart feels for the children. Not just the ones that I birthed from my body, but also those I have birthed with my heart. They too have been engrafted into my heart. 

I AM A Voice. I just do not cry for them, I speak for them. I stand for and with them. I AM A Voice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrying the Promise

Honoring Our Elders

August ~ Novel Emergence with Divine Purpose